I would like to thank the people who have helped me teach these First Flights classes.
Their assistance has made teaching these classes easier and much more enjoyable.
- Chris George has helped with the teaching of these classes and made all of the drawings of the class projects.
- John Walter has helped with the teaching of these classes. Further, John also made some of the fixtures that we use and
framed the pictures that are displayed in the area that we teach these classes.
- Ken Erickson has helped with teaching these classes and for his skills flying the remote control model airplanes.
- Jean Humlicek donated the Renegade Racer project. This has provided an opportunity for Lyle’s project to
teach another generation and to be completed. Many thanks.
- Thanks to Darcy Whyte for allowing his Squirrel design and materials to be used.
- The Experimental Aircraft Association for providing me the opportunity to volunteer at KidVenture in 2002.
It was at KidVenture where I became convinced that project focused classes such as these First Flights
classes could and should be offered locally. Also, for the glider design that the Fantastic Flyer is based
on and the Wooden Rib project plans are used with permission of the Experimental Aircraft Association.
- Thanks to Cummins, Inc. for allowing me to take the time off during the work day to teach these classes.
- Thanks to the Columbus Municipal Airport for their past financial support for the materials that were used
in these classes and previously hosting the First Flight Class materials on their website. Their support
allowed these classes to develop faster and further than would have otherwise taken place.